- Enjoy the little things in life and not taking for granted what I already have.
- Create a bit of me time every day, whether thats walking my dog Ted, getting to the gym, or meditating.
- Continuing the fight to get treatment for my rare disorder.
- Promoting Styling in the Burbs, by raising the website profile and starting my Styling Sessions. (Over the holidays I've been working on Styling in the Burbs Styling Sessions and hope to have a new page on my site in early March where you can book some 1:1 time with me. I'm really excited to be offering this to you all. Watch this space!)
The other day over coffee, and screaming kids, a girlfriend and I were talking clothes and feeling confident. She said she liked the style of a top tucked into shorts with a belt, but that she didn't do it because she didn't think it was 'in fashion'. I asked her, "but how do you feel when you wear that look, does it make you feel good?" How you feel in what you wear, and when you look in the mirror, is the most important thing. There's no point in wearing something that you think you should be wearing if you do not feel good in it. If you're fidgeting, or feel self-conscious then this shows in how you wear your clothes.
So, here are some tips to help you start the New Year with confidence!
- Fundamentally; Dress for your Shape. Know your bodyshape and how to enhance your best bits!
- Accessories - I am BIG on Accessories as I really believe they finish off a look and give the element of style. Check out this weeks Accessories post for whats hot in Accessories now!
- Always wear clothes that make YOU feel happy, don't wear something just because you think it is IN FASHION.
- Knowing what colours suit you can make all the difference to how you look. The right colours, especially worn close to your face can make you shine or make you wilt! (Colour consulting is a service I will be offering soon...)
- Be happy. Surround yourself with people or things that make you happy, or do something that makes you happy. For me its my family and girlfriends, walking on the beach, flowers, and the colour yellow, all help to lift my mood. (See collage above.)
- Lastly, stand up tall and smile!