As a homage to those Parisians, I have been thinking of stylish French women who inspire me. French women, or in particular Parisian women have 'it'. They just know how to dress, but if you look closely at how they dress it is very simple and classic. Some of my favourite icons are;
- Coco Chanel - where French fashion stems from and THE French Icon.
- Brigitte Bardot - an actress known for her sultry french style.
- Ines de la Fressange - a model who began her career in 1975, she was Karl Lagerfeld's muse and is still a regular on the fashion circuit.
- Audrey Tatou - a beautiful French actress with classic French style.
- Marion Cotillard - a beautiful French actress with an edgy style.
Images below courtesy of Pinterest.
- A blazer.
- Ankle skimming jeans or trousers.
- A stripe top, or simple classic shirt or top.
- Ballet flats.
- A good leather bag.
- A scarf.
- A classic dress.
Borrowing from these basics I have created two looks for you to consider. The first look centres around the blazer and I have gone for an expensive blazer as this is an investment piece. The other items are seasonal so you can mix and match.
Witchery Linen Silver Blazer $209.90, Max stud front Tee $59.99, Just Jeans Z Fit High Rise Skinny Ankle Jean AU$79.95, Country Road Scarf Print soft Tote $89.90, Merchant Aurora Ballet Flat $179.90.
Glassons Check tie-front dress $69.99, Forever New Sheana square neck wrap dress AU$119.99, Witchery Tie shirt dress $169.90, Country Road Bird print dress $169.00.