- Firstly, try a pair on. Clothes look so different on you than on the hanger, and different good, not bad!
- If you think this look is too long for you try the petite section. Forever New have started a petite range and they have some gorgeous printed wide leg trousers. Check out my Look of the Week. Also ASOS, EZIBUY and The Iconic all offer petite ranges.
- Taller ladies can pull off a mid-calf length, and full length trouser, but a safer bet for petites is just below the knee.
- Heels will help to elongate your leg and block heel mules especially are all the rage right now.
- If you do wear flats, make them slim and pointed to elongate legs. Or make sure the trouser is to the floor if you wear sandals.
- And finally, balance the volume of the bottoms with a defined waist. The Paperbag belted styles naturally nip you in at the waist. Otherwise choose a cropped top or fine-knit jumper, or tuck in a sleek blouse or tee.
There are loads of different styles in the shops right now and I have broken them down into printed, black and neutral.
Ezibuy Emerge Wide Leg Pant $59.99
Country Road Wide Leg Print $159.00
Trelise Cooper The CoOp Thanks Culotte Pant $199.00
Seed Heritage Printed Drape Pant $159.90
Portmans High Waist Tie Palazzo Pant AU$77.41
Country Road Capsule Collection Pleat Palazzo Pant $259.00
Storm Loose Ends Wide Leg Pant $169.00
Decjuba Denika Wide Leg Pant AU$55.95
Country Road Tie Wrap Pant $229.00
Esprit Wide Trousers in crushed Navy AU$99.95
Kowtow Odyssey Pant Natural $229.00
Witchery Stripe Wide Leg Pant $149.90
Tanya Carlson Stables Pant $329.00
Witchery Paperbag Pant $169.90